Phone: 02 8095 0076
What is Silhouette Soft?
Silhouette Soft is a non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment to lift the skin.
Poly L-lactic acid (PLLA), the main component of Silhouette Soft is a well-known polymer that has been used for many years in a number of medical and pharmaceutical applications. It has a long history of use as a resorbable suture, a drug delivery system and in surgery. It is also a key material in the development of tissue engineering.
Silhouette Soft is made of a Poly L-lactic acid suture with moulded cones made of Poly(lactic-co-glycolic) acid. It was developed by scientists in the USA using reconstructive and aesthetic surgical expertise.
The suture acts as scaffolding under the surface of the skin to lift sagging soft tissues. The cones both hold the threads in place, and in time, stimulates the body’s production of collagen to replace depleted facial volume which diminishes with age.
Why Silhouette Soft?
• Immediate lifting effect
• Progressive restoration of the body’s own lost collagen
• Resorbable suture
• Non-surgical technique
• Minimally invasive procedure
• Minimal recovery time
• Natural looking effect
How does Silhouette Soft work?
One Treatment, two actions:
• A lifting action for immediate effect.
• A regenerative action for gradual and natural looking results. Over time Silhouette Soft stimulates the regeneration of lost collagen to recapture youthful definition and restore volume. The result is a nuanced, soft and natural looking face.
Silhouette Soft is a treatment with a dual lift-and-collagen-regenerating effect.
What is the process?
• Local anaesthetic is applied to the face and a specially trained and accredited clinician inserts the Silhouette Soft thread under the skin using a needle.
• After inserting the thread, the clinician applies slight pressure on the treated area to reshape the surface of the skin and achieve the lifting effect.
• Treatment with Silhouette Soft can only be performed by a specially trained clinician who is aware of anatomy details.
• Silhouette Soft is part of a family of suspension sutures that offers a unique treatment which can be carried out on a variety of areas of the face with long lasting results
How do I know if I am suitable?
Silhouette Soft is recommended for men and women who are trying to combat sagging skin or loss of volume but don’t want (or need) a heavy and invasive treatment.
We lose an average 1.5% of collagen per annum and by age 50, the average female has lost approximately 50% of her collagen. This diminishing volume causes the overlying skin to become lax and it droops downwards.
If you can lift your skin upwards by one centimetre with your fingers you may be suitable for Silhouette Soft treatment.
A specially trained Silhouette Soft clinician will be able to tell you if you are suitable for treatment.
Made in the USA
Unlike many suspension sutures on the market today which originate from Asia, Silhouette Soft is made in the USA. It is subject to the relevant quality and regulatory laws of the USA and also of Australia. Silhouette Soft is made of resorbable and biocompatible components, materials that are proven for their safety in various medical fields.
150,000 treatments worldwide
Silhouette Soft has been developed after 6 years of research in permanent suspension sutures with cones used in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
With more than 150,000 treatments carried out so far, Silhouette Soft has proven its safety and efficacy all over the